- Largest designer glasses e-commerce retailer worldwide (smartbuyglasses.com)
- Multicultural team representing over 20 nationalities in Shanghai, Hong Kong and Italy
- Unique fast track career opportunity with substantial equity options
SmartBuyGlasses Optical Group, operated under Motion Global Ltd., is the world’s leading designer eyewear e-retailer. With operations across Asia Pacific, Europe and the Americas, SmartBuyGlasses has become the market leader in over 30 countries worldwide. With over 160 employees, we retail the world’s best eyewear brands including Ray-Ban, Tom Ford, Gucci and many more. SmartBuyGlasses has a young, international and entrepreneurial culture that promotes fast career progression and self-development. Passionate and effective employees are usually promoted quickly to managerial positions, operating teams with high degrees of responsibility.
For more information see: www.motionglobal.com, www.smartbuyglasses.com
We are looking for a Developer Lead reporting to the Head of IT who will be responsible for leading a team of Magento programmers in development planning, execution, quality control, coaching and training. He/She will be working closely with Product Managers, Business Analysts, UX and QA teams in delivering high quality projects within the timeline. The successful candidate will be those who demonstrates strong project management skills to allocate IT resources efficiently and to successfully complete projects on-time. This role is based in Vietnam with some global travel.
- Analyze the functional specification document, understand the requirements and draft the development plan.
- Ensure that the team complete development tasks following the coding standards. Continue to build development standards such as code standard, code comments etc. and develop & improve working procedures & work flows.
- Guide the developer to finish coding following high standard starting from requirement understanding, technical solution design, project management & execution, code review and unit testing etc. Act as a core developer when needed.
- Write technical documentation including technical solution design, system architecture and others.
- Design database structure, code algorithms, application cached, apply good knowledge in high concurrency and high performance processing solution.
- Design, build and troubleshoot robust, scalable and secure product features in PHP or Java.
- Strive to implement minimal to zero-downtime production code pushes.
- Assist in the architectural vision and development roadmap for our systems.
- Follow and inform about industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Innovate product architecture while maintaining integrity of existing products and observing maintenance constraints
- Encourage learning, sharing and innovation in the development team.
- Bachelor degree holder or above in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of software and product development experience with at least 2 year in a comparable technical leadership function.
- Strong experience in Magento is a must, experience in ERP/CRM/Data is a plus.
- 2+ years of team management experience.
- Extensive experience in e-commerce website development.
- Strong background in cloud-computing technologies (e.g., AWS, storage, Load balancing, caching and others).
- Demonstrate ability to drive product architectures and innovation from incubation to product.
- Familiar with agile execution methodologies and strong experience in leading scrum team.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written in English.