The Area Sales Manager (ASM) is responsible to develop existing and new business, drive sales growth and market share for the brands in Vietnam.
As a self starter working independently in developng the business, this role offer great career growth opportunity and may lead to National Sales Manager- General Trade position for candidate who can spearhead the business set up in Ho Chi Minh City (initial priority), Hanoi, Haiphong, Nam Dinh, Vinh, Hue, Danang, Qui Nhon, Nha Trang, Vung Tao and Can Tho
Key Responsibility Areas
• Growing the sales and profit in General trade and wholesale channel
• Setting up strategy and plans for developing the sales in General trade channel in Ho Chi Minh City and Sothern provinces via direct, sub-distributor and wholesaler network
• Finding, proposing and appointing suitable wholesale and sub-distributor partners for driving the sales
• Planning and executing sales plans with sub-distributors and sales teams
• Leading, supervising, coaching sales teams by assigning KPI’s and regulary measuring their performance
• Clearly strategizing sales and channel planning in delivering business objectives
• Providing highly professional sales management in negotiating best commercial terms, ranging new products, developing new channels and planning trade activities
• Reporting and managing stakeholder expectations whilst delivering the business goals
• Exploring new opportunities, contacting and selling to new customers for contuned channel development
• Setting, monitoringing and controlling sales turn-over to meet annual budget, P&L, business KPIs
• Offering the existing brands and products to the customerns, understanding their requirements and accordingly, proposing products, developing market and earmarked sales strategy for the channel
• Managing day today business planning and relationships
• Ensuring the orders are secured and delviered in time and work with cross functional teams to meet customer and business requirements incl. the plannig and execution of trade marketing initiatives.
• Work with internal teams in relation to managing marketing, monthly sales forecasts, shipments, orders, demand planning and other functions which helps efficiently run the business
• Develop forecasts and assist in achieving monthly and annual sales targets.
Previous Experience, Qualifications and Technical Skills
• Minimum 5 years sales experience in FMCG, experience in selling cosmetics or skin care is a MUST
• Strong understanding of General Trade and Wholesale channel with experience in negotiating commercial terms and developing business in Ho Chi Minh city is a MUST